Broken 21.02 rc3 imagebuilder [Was: Re: Should ubus be marked as target-specific "nonshared"? (broken 21.02 rc2 imagebuilder)]

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Fri Jul 2 06:11:08 PDT 2021

Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> [2021-06-05 13:40:21]:

Hi,

> Based on forum discussion, we have currently a broken 21.02.0-rc2
> imagebuilder, as libiwinfo can't find the correct libubus version.

seems like there is broken 21.02.0-rc3 imagebuilder as well:

 openwrt-imagebuilder-21.02.0-rc3-ipq40xx-generic.Linux-x86_64$ make image PROFILE=avm_fritzbox-7530 PACKAGES=luci-ssl-openssl
 Collected errors:
  * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libiwinfo20210430 for luci-mod-status
  * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luci-mod-status found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libiwinfo20210430 for rpcd-mod-iwinfo
  * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for rpcd-mod-iwinfo found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-ssl-openssl:
  * 	libiwinfo20210430
  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-ssl-openssl.

As iwinfo was bumped two times since rc3 release:

 +IWINFO_ABI_VERSION:=20210430
 +IWINFO_ABI_VERSION:=20210420

Since iwinfo is marked as nonshared, it wasn't built by phase2 builders, but
luci-mod-status was already updated 2 times since rc3 and was thus rebuilt by
phase2 builders:

 d1d452ed2fb3 luci-mod-status: don't set '-' hostname when creating static lease
 95b3633055c1 luci-mod-status: switch to html table for wlan channel analysis

So now luci-mod-status depends on libiwinfo20210430 but only libiwinfo20210106
can be downloaded.

It seems like that currently any package that depends on nonshared package
needs to be treated as nonshared as well, otherwise such issues would happen.

-- ynezz