ramips: Strange boot failures on TP-Link RE200v1

Andreas Böhler dev at aboehler.at
Mon Dec 7 18:12:45 EST 2020

Hey,

I added TP-Link RE200v1 device support a few months ago. Currently, the
snapshot builds are broken - they started to break about 4 weeks ago.
The system does not even boot, the last output on serial is "Starting
kernel ..." from U-Boot. The initramfs image works fine.

The interesting thing is: all my local builds run perfectly fine, from
RAM or from flash. If I sysupgrade to snapshot, even the snapshot build
boots and runs fine as long as the device is not unplugged for longer
than about a minute.

As I can't reproduce this behaviour with my build, I'm out of ideas. Can
someone give me an idea on what might cause this?

Thanks