Preparing commit description for "ramips: disable default build for HooToo HT-TM02"

Szabolcs Hubai szab.hu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:57:28 EST 2020

Hi,

On 12/14/20 5:32 PM, Adrian Schmutzler wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand what this is about.
>
> Do you want to disable that device by default? Then just put DEFAULT := n into the device definition.
>
> Do you want to improve the support? Then you might need to rephrase the "question".
>
> Best
>
> Adrian

<snip>

Thank you Adrian for replying to my confusing mail.

Yes, I would like to introduce that 'DEFAULT := n' line in the device
definition.

As you wrote already, the change is easy, it's a oneliner.

I have problems with the commit description, as I can't write simply
"This device has a 1.5M kernel size limit during boot and is
unbootable since xxxxx.", like RP-WD02 disabling commit. [0]

I can't write, because it's not true: as I wrote in my previous mail,
one could flash and boot successfully the latest version of master
through serial.

Maybe I should try my luck and send this disabling patch.

On the long run, I would like improve support, but it won't be as
straightforward as it was in mt7620. But that's for another thread.

[0]:
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=2dda301d40ec0937f4de1bcec307bbc8adb66958

--
Szabolcs