ramips: Strange boot failures on TP-Link RE200v1

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:53:10 EST 2020

On 08/12/20 00:12, Andreas Böhler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I added TP-Link RE200v1 device support a few months ago. Currently, the
> snapshot builds are broken - they started to break about 4 weeks ago.
> The system does not even boot, the last output on serial is "Starting
> kernel ..." from U-Boot. The initramfs image works fine.
>
> The interesting thing is: all my local builds run perfectly fine, from
> RAM or from flash. If I sysupgrade to snapshot, even the snapshot build
> boots and runs fine as long as the device is not unplugged for longer
> than about a minute.
>
> As I can't reproduce this behaviour with my build, I'm out of ideas. Can
> someone give me an idea on what might cause this?
>
> Thanks

maybe the build defaults for buildbot are broken.

You can enable that in the menu

Global build settings  --->

and then select

Set build defaults for automatic builds (e.g. via buildbot)

I don't know exactly what other options are enabled by selecting it so
you probably need to check the source for what it actually does so you
can troubleshoot it.

-Alberto