[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:32:55 EDT 2015

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Martin Blumenstingl
<martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Since my latest patches were merged into the OpenWrt repository the
> patch which updates the lantiq DSL drivers/application did not apply
> anymore.
> Here is the updated patch which applies against today's trunk: [0]
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>

> [0] https://gist.github.com/xdarklight/3452b26620b28f3bc577

over the course of this thread you mentioned having a similar setup as
I do, so maybe you can help me out as I didn't yet get this working
(neither did I without this patch and a couple of firmware versions):

* I got a TDW8970 (non B version). If I understood correctly this is
annex a as far as the official firmware is concerned, but with openwrt
and the correct dsl firmware I can use this with annex b, right?
* I got a german adsl annex b line
* I'm using yesterday's trunk (b8bbdc62, which already has 703c4da0
'lantiq: Make the MEI address available for kernel drivers') with your
patch quoted above on top
* I'm using firmware 186b5406e6511c97d997b48f5e0ec5ad3f62600d

The dsl line never syncs, and letting 'vdsl_cpe_control --c' just sit
there spits out repeatedly:
'DSL_CPE: Wrong combination of DSL PHY Firmware and hybrid type used!
Please change one of it.'.

This sounds like an annex incompability? Was I wrong and there is a
hardware difference and I cannot use the non B model with annex b?

Thanks in advance,
Andre