[OpenWrt-Devel] why only hostapd?

smilebef at gmail.com smilebef at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:22:48 EDT 2014

Only hostap work with dfs in AP-Mode?
This is the last development step here?
Than is this not rewarding for me.

Bacause:
Wy this limitation?
Is this necessary?

I think no.

1. I think the Hardware has only to disable the channel if Radar is
   detectet. Right? It works.
2. The Software in Userspace has to choice a (ald and new) channel.
Right? It works only with hostapd!
3. We are not bound to honour a standard, that not explicit writen for
ours application!
4. We are only engaged to fulfil the laws of the countries.

But why only hostapd?

If the Hardware disables the channel because radardetect, i do not need
any instance, that tell me wich aplication rules my channels, because i
can not overide disabled channels by hardware with the software tools.

I think the choice of the channel can also be done by a shell-script
using iw or iwconfig located in chrontab.

The current situation is in my opinion not nessesary and not
consistent to ours situation.

lg