[OpenWrt-Devel] Status of DFS in OpenWrt -> ath9k

Martin Garbe monomartin at opennet-initiative.de
Thu Jul 10 16:27:03 EDT 2014

Hi Jacek,

summarising all information from the mailinglist the following
configuration should work:

1. select CONFIG_PACKAGE_ATH_DFS=y
2. if ath9k select CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD=y
   if ath10k deactivate CONFIG_ATH_USER_REGD
3. compile current OpenWRT trunk
4. Configuration
---------
config wifi-device  radio0
	option type     mac80211
	option channel  104
	option hwmode	11a
	option path	'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0'
	option htmode	HT20
	option country 'DE'

config wifi-iface
	option device   radio0
	option network  lan
	option mode     ap
	option ssid     OpenWrt
	option encryption none
---------

If this setting does not work for you please do the following.

- on AP exec "wifi down"
- on AP exec "logread -f" (on a second ssh session)
- on AP exec "wifi up"
- send us the log output + "iw phy0 info" output + information about
your hardware

Martin