BCM53xx on D-Link DIR-890L - 2MB max problem

Chuanhong Guo gch981213 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 19:18:12 PST 2023

Hi!

On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 7:38 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> I guess trying to figure out what lzma-loader does and implement
> the same for ARM is the way to go, or at some point I felt like
> implementing U-Boot for the BCM53xx and implement SEAMA

The ARM zImage is supposed to be self-extracting, right?
Is it possible to package that as an uncompressed code for
u-boot?
lzma-loader was created at the time when MIPS didn't have
zboot support. In ramips, the lzma-loader does the same
work as the kernel zboot image: It's a loader which extracts
the actual kernel code to the memory. The compressed kernel
is linked as a part of the lzma-loader so it doesn't need any
flash access.
Chuanhong Guo