Seeking RPM Server package for OpenWrt

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:57:47 PDT 2022

Bjørn,

Thanks for these comments.

> On Mar 23, 2022, at 8:34 AM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
>
> There is no need to read anything from a file or device.  You can just
> serve the same memory buffer in a loop.

That might satisfy Paul Spooren's concern.

> I did a quick look at the document and it seems under-specified.  Page
> after page with blah-blah, but
> - not defining Content-Type for any of the URLs
> - not defining ciphers or any other TLS options, despite the rather
>  restrictive TLSv1.3 requirment
> - no config examples for common web servers
> - no actual client algorithm
>
> The last point is obviously the biggest problem.  You can do whatever
> you want when implementng this, so the results from different clients
> will not be comparable at all.
>
> IMHO it's better let this soak for a while until they've reversed the
> blah-blah to content ratio.  This doesn't look like a finished protocol.

Although I took an editorial pass over an earlier version of the RFC, I'm not in a position to address your questions.

Let me propose this process for continuing the conversation. With this response, I'm cc'ing:

- openwrt-devel
- RPM mailing list
- named individuals

Not everyone is subscribed to both lists, but cc'ing everyone who responds should keep everyone included.

Thank you.

Rich