[OpenWrt-Devel] ramips: adding support for TRENDnet DIR-810DR

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Mon Mar 9 08:28:32 EDT 2020

Hi,

I was not aware that the WAN LED seems to be controlled by the driver and not by the device-tree or userspace code (as reported by Roger).

If that's also the case for your device, you won't need to enter anything into 01_leds.

How's the WAN LED behaving for you and is it referring to the correct port (or a wrong one as Roger reported for DIR-810L).

> 2)  I think it would be possible for both the DIR-810L and TEW-810DR to
> have factory.bin.  Presently, a factory image is needed for initial
> installation and is produced using Cameo
> cameo/ncc/hostTools/ncc_att_hwid tool.  This tool is difficult to use as
> it requires 32bit libs and full paths to implement.  Essentially the
> following string needs to be appended to the sysupgrade image:
> "	TEW-810DR1.1RWW1.0
1.13B04

If you think it's easy, include it in your patch already. Otherwise, first provide sysupgrade support and then provide factory in a second step.

Obviously, not having a factory image will make writing flashing instructions more complicated.

Best

Adrian