[OpenWrt-Devel] ramips: adding support for TRENDnet DIR-810DR

Heppler, J. Scott shep971 at centurylink.net
Mon Mar 9 13:21:21 EDT 2020

The prior post had a question on the default MAC address.  My build
generates the Trendnet portion of the MAC but not the model.  This is
the behavior of the D-Link DIR-810L code.  As I'm new to the build
system and was basing my build on the DIR-810L, do I need to do more?

On Mar 09, 2020: 13:28, Adrian Schmutzler wrote:
>Hi,

The Globe Lens which contains green and orange(amber) leds is
non-functional on the TEW-810DR. I have a TEW-732BR with this entry:
tew-732br)
ucidef_set_led_netdev "wan" "WAN" "trendnet:green:wan" "eth1"

This makes me think there is a missing LED entry in the DIR-810L dts.
Physically, both the DIR-810L, TEW-732BR and TEW-810DR have 4 LEDs:  2
green and 2 orange(amber) The three cases have a Power lens and a Globe
lens.  Each Lens has a Green LED and an Orange LED.  The DIR-810L dts
only has 3 LED entries
entries.
        leds {
                compatible = "gpio-leds";

                led_power_green: power_green {
                        label = "dir-810l:green:power";
                        gpios = <&gpio0 9 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
                };

                wan {
                        label = "dir-810l:orange:wan";
                        gpios = <&gpio0 12 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
                };

                power_orange {
                        label = "dir-810l:orange:power";
                        gpios = <&gpio0 13 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
                };
        };

I think there should be a dir-810l:green:wan on GPIO 10 or 11 or 14 or
15. I suspect Roger's DIR-810L Globe is not fully functional and would
like to confirm with him and potentially work with him on a common fix
for both.  Feel free to forward my email address to Roger.

--
J. Scott Heppler

Penguin Innovations

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this message in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other unauthorized use of this email
and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the message and any attachments from your system.