[OpenWrt-Devel] WiFi client mode leaves router inaccessible if upstream network goes down

Nick Malyon nick at fishun.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 23:59:50 EST 2017

Hey,

I only have my phone, but I have a Terminal app 🙂. Here's the config; I used the LuCI web interface to manage it. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I join the client network then create the AP, or create the AP then join the network.

In this instance, I joined the network after creating the AP...

root at OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/config/wireless

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'platform/ar933x_wmac'