[OpenWrt-Devel] Renaming trunk to Dxx Dxx ?

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Tue Jun 16 09:27:33 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 03:58:34PM +0300, Hannu Nyman wrote:
> Please rename trunk to Dxxx Dxxx something.
>
> It is a bit confusing when both trunk and CC15.05 claim to be Chaos Calmer.
> The clear identification of the two got more important now when trunk has
> started to use musl, and trunk and CC start to deviate further.
>
> I considered patching trunk's include/toplevel.mk and etc/banner in my own
> build to something imaginary, but it would much better if the official new
> name gets assigned (or should I say designated?) soon.

After the heated debate about concerning naming the next release, maybe the
spelled-out release name should be configurable in menuconfig?

Some Freifunk groups apparently consider running
find | while read f; do
    sed -i 's/Designated Driver/Dirty Diamond/' "$f";
done

libreCMC also defined spelled-out names for their releases:
https://librecmc.org/librecmc/wiki?name=releases

Cheers

Daniel