[OpenWrt-Devel] Hardlock in ath9k

Felix Fietkau nbd at openwrt.org
Wed Jan 14 22:25:52 EST 2015

On 2015-01-14 20:19, Gianluca Anzolin wrote:
> Hi,
> I was just testing this evening, just for fun, a new build with the just 
> released musl libc (1.1.6) on my new router (Archer C7) but 
> unfortunately it bricked my router.
> Initially I feared that I did something wrong when updating the libc but 
> this turned out not to be the case.
> With the help of a serial cable I noticed that the router freezed when 
> trying to bring up the wireless interface (in the NG band).
> I skimmed through the commits and reverted the last ath9k commit:
> git-svn-id: svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk@43971 
> 3c298f89-4303-0410-b956-a3cf2f4a3e73
> I rebuilt the image and the router worked.
> I haven't had the time to look at the actual commit yet, I just wanted 
> to let you know.
Please try applying http://nbd.name/ath79-irq-disable.patch to your
kernel tree and see if it fixes the issue.

- Felix
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org

More information about the openwrt-devel mailing list