[OpenWrt-Devel] cyassl is causing build errors (Alive4Ever)

Alive4Ever alive4ever at live.com
Mon Oct 13 04:23:31 EDT 2014

On Monday, October 13, 2014 09:49:15 AM openwrt-devel-request at lists.openwrt.org wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:20:07 +0700
> From: Alive4Ever <alive4ever at live.com>
> To: OpenWrt Development List <openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>
> Subject: [OpenWrt-Devel] cyassl is causing build errors
>
> I've experienced many build errors on bb-14.07 because of cyassl.
>
> For your information, cyassl can't be downloaded directly from its
> official site. There is a form that needs to be filled before Wolfssl
> allows downloading of cyassl-3.2.0.zip. Any attemt to download cyassl
> directly will cause redirection to html download form here.
>
> http://wolfssl.com/yaSSL/download/downloadForm.php
>
> To simplify the download process, I suggest preparing pre-downloaded
> cyassl source on OpenWrt mirror and modifying PKG_SOURCE_URL accordingly
> and removing http://www.yassl.com from PKG_SOURCE_URL.
>
> Thanks.

I tested with another internet connection and found that direct download
from http://www.yassl.com worked fine.

It seems that the culprit for redirection form is `transparent proxy`
operated by my ISP. Direct connection to http://www.yassl.com without
any `transparent proxy` middleman works fine.

Although that's the cause of my problem, I still suggest to provide
another mirror for cyassl in case main cyassl mirror prevents direct
downloading for users behind `transparent proxy`.

Thanks.