[OpenWrt-Devel] Problems with ffmpeg and alsa-lib

Bruno Randolf br1 at einfach.org
Mon Oct 13 09:23:20 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have two problems with libffmpeg and alsa-lib, both in trunk and BB:

1) Is that libffmpeg always selects alsa-lib, even when I only select
libffmpeg-mini. According to the Makefile only libffmpeg-full is
supposed to depend on alsa-lib. If i remove that dependency from
libffmpeg-full in the Makefile I can compile all variants... What's
wrong here? and is the alsa-lib dependency really needed?

2) I can not compile alsa-lib on my platforms (ar71xx and au1000 - both
don't have a sound card), it fails with the following error:

checking for mips-openwrt-linux-gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in
`/home/br1/dev/openwrt/trunk/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/alsa-lib-1.0.28':

This does not look related to having a sound card or not :(

In the meanwhile I have solved the problems by removing the alsa-lib
dependency... Any ideas for a real fix?

bruno