[OpenWrt-Devel] ddns-scripts: currently no MAINTAINER defined

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Jul 24 16:12:01 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-24 at 21:17 +0200, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would offer to do the job, but I down know what I need to do.
> What are the requirements?
> 	- technically (hardware/software equipment)
> 	- knowledge (I don't call myself a programmer)
> 	- permissions to which development environments

I'm not aware of formal requirements. Your interest and ability to hack
the package are the most important factor.

> I modified ddns-scripts and luci-app-ddns for many new functionality as described in openwrt forum
> https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=235338#p235338
> - IPv6 support
> - Proxy Support
> - DNS-Server support
> - LuCI App redesign including status in "Status"-"Overview"

For the ddns-scripts you only need to sent your pull request at:
https://github.com/openwrt/packages

For the luci interface I'm also not very sure how it works. I ended up
creating a luci-app package within the packages repository, but in your
case as the package is already there, it may make sense to send it to
the luci maintainer's list.

regards,
Nikos