OpenWrt/LEDE remerge/rebrand status

Vincenzo Romano vincenzo.romano at notorand.it
Tue Mar 21 10:26:11 EDT 2017

> On 21 March 2017 at 09:21, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

>>> Florian, not sure if my vote counts (I hope it does) but seems my
>>> email didn't make it to lede-adm list because of: "Too many recipients
>>> to the message"
>>> I wouldn't suspect that 10 is "too many" :/
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Roman
>>>

>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> during the remerge discussion we added a work item for the owrt side, asking
>> them to list those that are counted as active developers. after this work
>> item was not done and we sent several reminders, we simply added those to
>> the voting that were active as per commit log. your name never popped up.
>> maybe the owrt side could list those that are currently active developers so
>> that we can give voting rights to them ?
>>
>> the lede-adm list is moderated to reduce noise, only whitelisting those with
>> voting rights, i have been manually reviewing all blocked mails and must
>> have missed yours otherwise i would have manually approved it.
>
> Hi John,
> probably that's fair, as I was not the most active and during last 6-8
> months was barely active (publicly) at all partially because was too
> frustrated about the split, partially because was too busy with day
> job and partially because didn't know where to commit patches (since
> there are talks about the merge but it would be easier for me to
> commit into OpenWRT tree and I didn't want to complicate the merge).
>
> So I leave the decision on whether to count me or not to you and not
> going to argue about that.
>

> Regards,
> Roman

A name is a name, just a name.
Like a dress it says little about what's underneath.
Whatever your feelings are, they are just that: feelings, not real things.
FWIM, we could even flip a coin in order to decide.
Whatever technical issue lies behind changing or keeping a name, it
can somehow be solved.
OpenWRT, Lede, OpenLede, LedeWrt, TheNextBigThing,
UnleashYourRouter... just throw a die!