OpenWrt/LEDE remerge/rebrand status

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 05:35:00 EDT 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 09:21, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

> On 21/03/17 08:06, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
>>
>> On 21 March 2017 at 02:48, Imre Kaloz <kaloz at openwrt.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I didn't vote yet like quite a few others. I'll reach out to the
>>> remaining
>>> people on our side as it might not have been clear for them they actually
>>> do
>>> have LEDE voting rights (afterall, this is a vote with the LEDE hat on).
>>> would like to ask John or Felix to do the same as well on that note.
>>>
>>> My vote is (not so surprisingly) "yes" on both questions.
>>>
>> Florian, not sure if my vote counts (I hope it does) but seems my
>> email didn't make it to lede-adm list because of: "Too many recipients
>> to the message"
>> I wouldn't suspect that 10 is "too many" :/
>>
>> Regards,
>> Roman
>>

> Hi Roman,
>
> during the remerge discussion we added a work item for the owrt side, asking
> them to list those that are counted as active developers. after this work
> item was not done and we sent several reminders, we simply added those to
> the voting that were active as per commit log. your name never popped up.
> maybe the owrt side could list those that are currently active developers so
> that we can give voting rights to them ?
>
> the lede-adm list is moderated to reduce noise, only whitelisting those with
> voting rights, i have been manually reviewing all blocked mails and must
> have missed yours otherwise i would have manually approved it.

Hi John,
probably that's fair, as I was not the most active and during last 6-8
months was barely active (publicly) at all partially because was too
frustrated about the split, partially because was too busy with day
job and partially because didn't know where to commit patches (since
there are talks about the merge but it would be easier for me to
commit into OpenWRT tree and I didn't want to complicate the merge).

So I leave the decision on whether to count me or not to you and not
going to argue about that.

Regards,
Roman