OpenWrt/LEDE remerge/rebrand status

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Tue Mar 21 03:21:27 EDT 2017

On 21/03/17 08:06, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> On 21 March 2017 at 02:48, Imre Kaloz <kaloz at openwrt.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2017-03-20 16:58, Florian Fainelli wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a summary of the people's opinion regarding the OpenWrt/LEDE
>>> remerge/rebrand questions as formulated here initially by John [1].
>>>
>>> Here is what I counted so far from the link above.
>>>
>>> - Re-merge:
>>>          * Yes: Alexandru, Stijn, Mathias, Alvaro, Rafal, Piotr, Matthias
>>> S.,
>>> Daniel, Hans, John, Zoltan, Vincenzo, Felix, Luka, Matteo, Florian
>>>          * Neutral: Jo-Philip
>>>
>>> - Re-brand LEDE to OpenWrt:
>>>          * neutral: Alexandru, Stijn, Alvaro, Piotr, Matthias S., Daniel,
>>> Hans,
>>> John, Vincenzo, Felix
>>>          * No: Mathias, Rafal, Alexander C., Jo
>>>          * Yes: Zoltan, Luka, Matteo, Florian
>>>
>>> [1]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-adm/2017-March/000402.html
>>>
>>> In terms of numbers:
>>>
>>> - in favor of a re-merge: 15
>>> - neutral to a re-merge: 1
>>>
>>> - in favor of re-branding LEDE to OpenWrt: 4
>>> - neutral to that: 10
>>> - against re-branding LEDE to OpenWrt: 4
>>
>> I didn't vote yet like quite a few others. I'll reach out to the remaining
>> people on our side as it might not have been clear for them they actually do
>> have LEDE voting rights (afterall, this is a vote with the LEDE hat on). I
>> would like to ask John or Felix to do the same as well on that note.
>>
>> My vote is (not so surprisingly) "yes" on both questions.
>>
> Florian, not sure if my vote counts (I hope it does) but seems my
> email didn't make it to lede-adm list because of: "Too many recipients
> to the message"
> I wouldn't suspect that 10 is "too many" :/
>
> Regards,
> Roman

Hi Roman,

during the remerge discussion we added a work item for the owrt side,
asking them to list those that are counted as active developers. after
this work item was not done and we sent several reminders, we simply
added those to the voting that were active as per commit log. your name
never popped up. maybe the owrt side could list those that are currently
active developers so that we can give voting rights to them ?

the lede-adm list is moderated to reduce noise, only whitelisting those
with voting rights, i have been manually reviewing all blocked mails and
must have missed yours otherwise i would have manually approved it.

     John