opkg fails to install manually downloaded packages

Sven Roederer devel-sven at geroedel.de
Sat May 1 16:45:48 BST 2021

Am Samstag, 1. Mai 2021, 15:14:35 CEST schrieb Hannu Nyman:
> Sven Roederer kirjoitti 30.4.2021 klo 22.43:
> > Digging further I found installing online pulled librt in. Restarting from
> > scratch ...
> > Downloading librt and wall via wget and running `opkg *.ipk` - packages
> > have been installed successfully.
> >
> > So the issue is obviously caused by resolving the dependencies which
> > triggers the faulty message:
> >
> > Collected errors:
> >   * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for wall found,
> >   but
> >
> > incompatible with the architectures configured"
> >
> > Previous opkg-version gave a correct indication about missing
> > dependencies.
>
> Yeah, I think that the changes in last November(?) caused several different
> errors to be grouped under that error message.
>
> > @Hannu: can you reproduce the issue by installing a package that is
> > definitively missing a dependency?
> >
> > Sven
>
> It still works for me. Below is log of installing a local jupp-data.ipk,
> which causes quite properly the jupp.ipk to be downloaded.
>
> Note that both packages are from the packages download repo. I imagined that
> there might be some corner cases where the missing package is from the
> .../target/... packages repo, and would have been built by the phase1
> buildbot (like librt actually is). So I test also with protobuf, which
> pulls libatomic from .../target/... and even that dowloads properly and
> succeeds.
>
> Can you please show more details about your error, with opkg more verbose
> (V2 or V3). So that we could see, what actually fails for you.

Hannu,

below the "v2 logs" of opkg.
>From your logs it seems that your opkg is aware of the complete package-list.
you seem to have ran "opkg update".
My finding is based on a "blank" unit without package-cache
* rebooting the board
* scp-ing the package to /tmp
* then login
* calling opkg install

The workflow is based on the situation, where the board has no internet-access
and I can only login via IPv6-link-local, to install a missing package.

example: jupp-data (from the freshly "firstboot"-ed WDR3600)

root at OpenWrt:~# cd /tmp
root at OpenWrt:/tmp# opkg install -V2 /tmp/jupp-data_3.1.40-1_all.ipk
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_status_files:
pkg_info_preinstall_check: Updating file owner list.
Unknown package 'jupp-data'.
opkg_configure_packages: Configuring unpacked packages.
opkg_configure_packages: Reordering packages before configuring them...
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for jupp-data found,
but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package jupp-data.

Sven