opkg fails to install manually downloaded packages

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sat May 1 14:14:35 BST 2021

Sven Roederer kirjoitti 30.4.2021 klo 22.43:
> Digging further I found installing online pulled librt in. Restarting from
> scratch ...
> Downloading librt and wall via wget and running `opkg *.ipk` - packages have
> been installed successfully.
>
> So the issue is obviously caused by resolving the dependencies which triggers
> the faulty message:
>
> Collected errors:
>   * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for wall found, but
> incompatible with the architectures configured"
>
> Previous opkg-version gave a correct indication about missing dependencies.

Yeah, I think that the changes in last November(?) caused several different
errors to be grouped under that error message.

> @Hannu: can you reproduce the issue by installing a package that is
> definitively missing a dependency?
>
> Sven

It still works for me. Below is log of installing a local jupp-data.ipk,
which causes quite properly the jupp.ipk to be downloaded.

Note that both packages are from the packages download repo. I imagined that
there might be some corner cases where the missing package is from the
.../target/... packages repo, and would have been built by the phase1
buildbot (like librt actually is). So I test also with protobuf, which pulls
libatomic from .../target/... and even that dowloads properly and succeeds.

Can you please show more details about your error, with opkg more verbose (V2
or V3). So that we could see, what actually fails for you.

Hannu

Example: jupp-data

root at router1:/tmp# opkg install -V2 /tmp/jupp-data_3.1.40-1_all.ipk
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_status_files:
pkg_info_preinstall_check: Updating file owner list.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using latest matching jupp 3.1.40
arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.
Installing jupp-data (3.1.40-1) to root...
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using latest matching jupp 3.1.40
arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.
Installing jupp (3.1.40-1) to root...
Downloading
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/packages/jupp_3.1.40-1_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
pkg_run_script: Running script /tmp/opkg-DehkKF/jupp-hndleK/preinst.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing maintainer scripts.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing data files for jupp.
install_data_files: Extracting data files to /.
pkg_write_filelist: Creating //usr/lib/opkg/info/jupp.list file for pkg jupp.
opkg_install_pkg: Resolving conf files for jupp
pkg_run_script: Running script /tmp/opkg-DehkKF/jupp-data-pNIIIk/preinst.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing maintainer scripts.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing data files for jupp-data.
install_data_files: Extracting data files to /.
pkg_write_filelist: Creating //usr/lib/opkg/info/jupp-data.list file for pkg
jupp-data.
opkg_install_pkg: Resolving conf files for jupp-data
opkg_configure_packages: Configuring unpacked packages.
opkg_configure_packages: Reordering packages before configuring them...
Configuring jupp.
pkg_run_script: Running script //usr/lib/opkg/info/jupp.postinst.
Configuring jupp-data.
pkg_run_script: Running script //usr/lib/opkg/info/jupp-data.postinst.
write_status_files_if_changed: Writing status file.
pkg_write_changed_filelists: Saving changed filelists.

Example: protobuf

root at router1:/tmp# opkg install -V2
/tmp/protobuf_3.15.6-1_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf.
opkg_conf_parse_file: Loading conf file /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf.
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_feeds:
pkg_hash_load_status_files:
pkg_info_preinstall_check: Updating file owner list.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libatomic1.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libstdcpp6.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libatomic1.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libstdcpp6.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using latest matching
protobuf-lite 3.14.0 arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.
Installing protobuf (3.15.6-1) to root...
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libatomic1.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libstdcpp6.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using latest matching
protobuf-lite 3.14.0 arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libatomic1.
pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Using held package libstdcpp6.
Installing libatomic1 (8.4.0-3) to root...
Downloading
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/ipq806x/generic/packages/libatomic1_8.4.0-3_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
pkg_run_script: Running script /tmp/opkg-klMaCB/libatomic1-mNgDbb/preinst.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing maintainer scripts.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing data files for libatomic1.
install_data_files: Extracting data files to /.
pkg_write_filelist: Creating //usr/lib/opkg/info/libatomic1.list file for pkg
libatomic1.
opkg_install_pkg: Resolving conf files for libatomic1
Installing libstdcpp6 (8.4.0-3) to root...
Downloading
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/ipq806x/generic/packages/libstdcpp6_8.4.0-3_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
pkg_run_script: Running script /tmp/opkg-klMaCB/libstdcpp6-HlHPce/preinst.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing maintainer scripts.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing data files for libstdcpp6.
install_data_files: Extracting data files to /.
pkg_write_filelist: Creating //usr/lib/opkg/info/libstdcpp6.list file for pkg
libstdcpp6.
opkg_install_pkg: Resolving conf files for libstdcpp6
Installing protobuf-lite (3.14.0-2) to root...
Downloading
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/packages/protobuf-lite_3.14.0-2_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
pkg_run_script: Running script /tmp/opkg-klMaCB/protobuf-lite-HbEEbJ/preinst.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing maintainer scripts.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing data files for protobuf-lite.
install_data_files: Extracting data files to /.
pkg_write_filelist: Creating //usr/lib/opkg/info/protobuf-lite.list file for
pkg protobuf-lite.
opkg_install_pkg: Resolving conf files for protobuf-lite
pkg_run_script: Running script /tmp/opkg-klMaCB/protobuf-clikOF/preinst.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing maintainer scripts.
opkg_install_pkg: Installing data files for protobuf.
install_data_files: Extracting data files to /.
pkg_write_filelist: Creating //usr/lib/opkg/info/protobuf.list file for pkg
protobuf.
opkg_install_pkg: Resolving conf files for protobuf
opkg_configure_packages: Configuring unpacked packages.
opkg_configure_packages: Reordering packages before configuring them...
Configuring libatomic1.
pkg_run_script: Running script //usr/lib/opkg/info/libatomic1.postinst.
Configuring libstdcpp6.
pkg_run_script: Running script //usr/lib/opkg/info/libstdcpp6.postinst.
Configuring protobuf-lite.
pkg_run_script: Running script //usr/lib/opkg/info/protobuf-lite.postinst.
Configuring protobuf.
pkg_run_script: Running script //usr/lib/opkg/info/protobuf.postinst.