imx6 - gateworks target broken

Piotr Dymacz pepe2k at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 02:44:49 PDT 2021

Hi Koen,

On 25.06.2021 11:04, Koen Vandeputte wrote:
> Hi Piotr,
>
> It seems imx6 Gateworks Ventana target got broken.
>
> I suspect it's due to following commit:
> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=8dba71dd33c8e35e7f363ffdb2ba42259ab43ce2
>
> After this commit, the bootfile generated is this one:
>
> - 6x_bootscript-gateworks_ventana
>

> While the bootloader looks for this:

> ** File not found /6x_bootscript-ventana **
>

> Due to this, the fixup does not happen and wrong kernel params are
> provided causing a panic as the rootfs is not found.
>
> Any idea how to fix this one properly?
> Revert the naming to plain "ventana" again?

Oh, I'm sorry for that!

I see that the 'script' var value is embedded in env [1] so probably the
only correct way is to adjust it back on our side. Let me fix that as I
also plan to send couple of patches with imx6 to imx split.

[1]
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/blob/master/include/configs/gw_ventana.h#L154

--
Cheers,