download: regression with USE_SOURCE_DIR and non-tarball packages?

Lukas Zeller luz at plan44.ch
Tue Jun 15 07:52:55 PDT 2021

Hi,

> On 15 Jun 2021, at 10:05, Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> wrote:
> [...] yes, it would do that in case PKG_MIRROR_HASH is invalid [...]

Thanks, that helped a lot! I ran the exact same tests with libubox and as those worked, I realized that the difference between the packages I tried and libubox is that the latter has (of course) a PKG_MIRROR_HASH.

The packages I wanted to work with did not have a PKG_MIRROR_HASH at all, because under development and not yet released (PKG_SOURCE_VERSION:=master).

> [...] That issue should be visible when building in verbose mode with V=s.

Only if there is a PKG_MIRROR_HASH in the makefile. Otherwise, the repo is just re-cloned every time without an indication why (I now found that make package/xxx/check would have revealed it)

But finally I found out about PKG_MIRROR_HASH=skip, which seems to be the solution for packages under development. It is not documented as such, but as a step for updating the hash.

Would it make sense if I try to add a note explaining this under "Working on local application source" in the "Creating Packages" wiki page?

Lukas