[uqmi] dms: add --get-operating-mode

Henrik Ginstmark henrik at ginstmark.se
Sun Dec 5 10:57:43 PST 2021

Hi
I'm working for a cellular operator and I have the possibilities to monitor the
registration of the modem from the network side. The registration of an LTE
terminal is clearly described in the 3GPP specifications and I don´t agree with
the options you mention. An LTE terminal can not register with an invalid APN.

I have created commands for profile modification. But they are not polished ;)
--get-profile-settings <val,#>:   Get APN profile settings (3gpp, 3gpp2),#\n" \
--get-default-profile-number <val>:  Get default profile number (3gpp,
3gpp2)\n" \
--modify-profile <val>,#          Modify profile number (3gpp, 3gpp2)\n" \
  --apn <apn>:                    Use APN\n" \
  --pdp-type ipv4|ipv6|ipv4v6>:   Use pdp-type for the connection\n" \
  --username <name>:              Use network username\n" \
  --password <password>:          Use network password\n" \
  --auth-type pap|chap|both|none: Use network authentication type\n" \

But, if you don't see any benefit with my proposal I´m fine.

/Henrik