[uqmi] dms: add --get-operating-mode

Henrik Ginstmark henrik at ginstmark.se
Sun Dec 5 08:43:15 PST 2021

Hi

My intention was to speed up the registration to the LTE network.
When the LTE terminal is powered on it will attach with the modem
default APN profile. If that is empty, then the network will assign the
network default APN and you get an IP address.

But if the modem default APN is incorrect, or if your operator does not
assign a default APN, you will be rejected in LTE and the modem will,
after a while, register to 3G, since you don´t need a valid APN to
register to 3G.

But if we verify that the modem default APN is correct, before we do the
registration, we will be sure that the registration goes smoothly.
The modem will store the default APN setting.

My proposal to qmi.sh, roughly.

Check PIN
Check data format 802.3/raw-ip
Check modem default APN settings
If the default APN setting are incorrect,
  Airplane mode on
  Change default APN settings
  Airplane mode off
Check operator and radio technology
run --start-network with client_id wds

I don´t think this will break anything and you can still have
the possibility of adding a secondary APN.

/Henrik