ath79 porting of NEtgear R6100

Paul D newtwen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 04:48:15 PDT 2021

In my (admittedly limited) experience, there are sometimes multiple ways
of accessing the same hardware. So while what you have works, it might
need refinement, or changing completely.

It might require reading data-sheets of the chips your board has.

e.g.

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/825113/Atheros/AR9344/1

In the first few pages, I see that accessing ethX is done via:

MII, RMII, RGMII.

Page 61 has a nice overview.

So you may need to stare and compare with existing devices to see how
they did it. Not everything will make sense...