crowdfunding to create Right to Repair laws in the USA

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 01:22:07 BST 2021

What is "beginning to be enforced" from 2021? They barely approved a
generic list of intents and a promise to do something about it by 2030.
What is in the list is still very vague and easy to abuse. It's going to
take a few years to see anything resembling a law come from that.

Don't get me wrong, it's still better than the US where the whole "Right
to Repair" movement isn't even taken seriously, but it's still not
anywhere near the "enforcment" part.
See for example the breakdown of what was done, from the EU-based Right
to Repair movement website
https://repair.eu/news/new-ecodesign-regulations-5-reasons-europe-still-doesnt-have-the-right-to-repair/

-Alberto