The status of intel ax200 support (iwlwifi)

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:33:05 EDT 2020

On 13/10/20 16:36, Alexander Pyattaev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to figure out if any version of openWRT can in principle
> support the Intel's AX200 chips. I am quite willing to build a kernel
> from source, but I have absolutely no idea whether I actually need to do
> so. Some info on the internet points to there existing a backported
> version of the driver, but I can not find it anywhere. If it does not
> indeed exist, any pointers towards making it work would be nice, I'd be
> happy to contribute a patch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

Afaik the support for AX200 was added in kernel 5.2, so if you use
snapshot it should be OK (kernel 5.4).
I see the commits that add support for its firmware in the
"linux-firmware" package, again in snapshot.

Next release will branch from snapshot so will probably also support the
AX200.

If you install a snapshot release it should work already.

Assuming all the bugs I've seen around for this chipset were fixed, and
also backported to 5.4 LTS kernel, which is what is used in the snapshot

-Alberto