[OpenWrt-Devel] iwinfo: DFS channels are not listed

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Thu Jun 11 12:05:03 EDT 2020

Hi,

since nobody really uses the `restricted` field (apart from LuCI itself I
believe) and since I'd like to avoid changing the ABI, I would be fine with
changing the condition to NO_IR || DFS or even just DFS.

Initially the restricted flag was supposed to give a hint to the ui which
channels are unavailable (in the sense that the radio won't come up when these
are selected) - however most drivers seems to actually support DFS nowadays so
maybe we can drop the DFS condition entirely and only mark NO_IR channels as
restricted.

Regards,
Jo