[OpenWrt-Devel] Inquiry on process of getting patches accepted

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Fri Jun 5 02:14:13 EDT 2020

Daniel Bailey <danielb at meshplusplus.com> [2020-06-04 20:25:21]:

Hi,

> I'm curious about the process to get a patch accepted.

currently it's like in other FOSS project run by volunteers, so the resources
are scarce.

You send the contribution and then wait some time, ping, wait some more time,
try to poke someone of the maintainers directly on IRC, wait some time, then
resend.

> I followed the steps (and formatting guidelines) at
> https://openwrt.org/submitting-patches and submitted a couple of patches
> for procd last Friday and another one today. I submitted them to the list

Yes, sending the patch to the list (or GitHub PR which is impossible for
procd) are the only proper ways.

> alone because I couldn't tell if there was an official maintainer (I didn't
> see one in the procd Makefile). Looking at an 18.06 control file in my
> build tree, it appears that maybe John Crispin is the maintainer?

I would say, that community is maintainer.

> Looking at http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/list/, I see my
> patches there and they are marked as new. But some are there from July,
> 2018 and are marked as new.

See following mail thread[1].

> Please advise me whether there are further steps I should take.

Nope, just wait, be patient.

1. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2019-October/019570.html

-- ynezz