[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 final timeline

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue Jan 7 16:42:06 EST 2020

On 1/7/20 9:09 PM, Eneas Queiroz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 1:59 PM Hauke Mehrtens <hauke at hauke-m.de> wrote:
>>
>> I cherry-picked it, but WPA3 still does not work for me.
>>
>> Hauke
>
> TLDR: WPA3 support with wolfssl is still not ideal.
>
> WPA3 success was reported to me here:
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/wpa3-wolfssl-fail-openssl-success/50161/7
>
> Another user reports that it "feels a bit wonky with WolfSSL 4.3.0",
> that it takes several tries to connect to the network with a Nokia
> 8.1, and his laptop does not connect at all.
>
> I'm not using WPA3, and haven't got around to see if I can test this
> myself.  I know WolfSSL deliberately fails to perform some actions
> that it deems insecure, while openssl succeeds.  I've tried to spot
> some of these situations just by looking at the hostapd code, but I
> couldn't find anything extremely obvious.  Judging by the partial
> success, it may not be the case.  I'm short on time right now, but
> I'll open an issue with wolfssl as soon as I can.

Hi,

I used an ipq40xx (ath10k) device as an WAP3 AP with wpad-wolfssl and
tried to connect with my Android 10 Pixel 3a phone and it failed. it
works against my other ath10k AP using wpad-openssl.

Daniel said wpad-wolfssl with WPA3 works for him with an older OpenWrt
version, this could be related to the hostapd update we did.

This topic needs some investigation.

Hauke