[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 final timeline

Eneas Queiroz cotequeiroz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:09:23 EST 2020

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 1:59 PM Hauke Mehrtens <hauke at hauke-m.de> wrote:

> I cherry-picked it, but WPA3 still does not work for me.
>
> Hauke

TLDR: WPA3 support with wolfssl is still not ideal.

WPA3 success was reported to me here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/wpa3-wolfssl-fail-openssl-success/50161/7

Another user reports that it "feels a bit wonky with WolfSSL 4.3.0",
that it takes several tries to connect to the network with a Nokia
8.1, and his laptop does not connect at all.

I'm not using WPA3, and haven't got around to see if I can test this
myself.  I know WolfSSL deliberately fails to perform some actions
that it deems insecure, while openssl succeeds.  I've tried to spot
some of these situations just by looking at the hostapd code, but I
couldn't find anything extremely obvious.  Judging by the partial
success, it may not be the case.  I'm short on time right now, but
I'll open an issue with wolfssl as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Eneas