[OpenWrt-Devel] Next maintenance releases

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Sat Feb 22 11:18:28 EST 2020

Petr  Štetiar  <ynezz at true.cz> wrote:
> Karl Palsson <karlp at tweak.net.au> [2020-02-21 13:14:29]:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I would very much like to see
> > https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2833 merged
> > (it contains a fix and tests) for 19.07, as it fixes a regression
> > in behaviour there. (umdns stopped working)
>
> [puting aside the fact, that the patches weren't send via the
> standard way[1] so they weren't reviewed yet]
>
> please note, that this proposed fix is not included in the
> master yet, thus untested by the wider audience and you're
> requesting inclusion into stable release 19.07.

Correct. Breaking umdns is a regression that should be fixed. I'm
honestly more surprised that this still isn't fixed in master
either.

> 1. https://openwrt.org/submitting-patches

Not my patch, just another person with the same breakage so I
can't control how they submitted it. They filed a bug report,
using the formal bug tracking tool, and happened to include a
patch and test.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson