[OpenWrt-Devel] Next maintenance releases

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Sat Feb 22 07:16:15 EST 2020

Karl Palsson <karlp at tweak.net.au> [2020-02-21 13:14:29]:

Hi,

> I would very much like to see
> https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2833 merged
> (it contains a fix and tests) for 19.07, as it fixes a regression
> in behaviour there. (umdns stopped working)

[puting aside the fact, that the patches weren't send via the standard way[1]
so they weren't reviewed yet]

please note, that this proposed fix is not included in the master yet, thus
untested by the wider audience and you're requesting inclusion into stable
release 19.07.

> I've tested the fix locally at least

I'm always testing everything, preferably with unit tests, runtime tests, but
it's still quite common in the software universe, that one fix introduces two
or more regressions in other parts, so I'm really unsure whether I'm going to
merge this into stable release just a few hours before the point release.
IIRC something similar has been done with last minute CVE fixes before
19.07.0, which didnt worked well.

1. https://openwrt.org/submitting-patches

-- ynezz