OpenWrt's 'procd' now speaks containers

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sat Aug 15 06:24:44 EDT 2020

Hi Alberto,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 10:51:27AM +0200, Alberto Bursi wrote:
> On 07/08/20 21:47, Daniel Golle wrote:
> > Dear community,
> >
> > in the past couple of months I've been working on implementing the
> > Open Container Initiative Runtime Specification [1] in procd by
> > extending the already existing support for slim containers ('ujail').
> > As a result, there is now a new CLI tool called 'uxc' which handles
> > the basic operations on containers as defined by the spec [2].
> > This allows to use it as a drop-in replacement for Docker's 'runc'
> > (or 'crun') on OpenWrt hosts with a significantly reduced footprint.
> >

> When this is merged could you add a documentation page in the wiki?

It has all been merged into master already and will be part of the
20.xx release.
Some features are still missing as this point, but it's more than
enough to get started.

> Or at the very least ping me so I can create a page with the content of the
> commit messages and emails.

If you can create the wiki page that would be great!
I can then review/edit/add things in the next days.

> It seems the only documentation about docker is on how to make (or use) a
> OpenWrt-based container, not how to use OpenWrt as a host.

Nice that at least that has been documented ;)

Cheers

Daniel