[OpenWrt-Devel] Advice needed - Proper approach to port 5G/LTE modem into OpenWRT

Michael Jones mike at meshplusplus.com
Thu Apr 30 11:10:20 EDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 9:45 PM Jeonghum Joh <oosaprogrammer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Thank you for sharing the helpful url. I guess mwan3[1] would deal such
> daemons - netifd and hotplug.d. Isn't it? If mwan3 deals with those, I
> guess I only need to utilize mwan3. Am I right?
>
> Thank you for answering my questions.
> Jeonghum
>
> [1] https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/multiwan/mwan3

I've never heard of mwan3 before.

That being said, looking at the documentation page you provided a link to,
it does not appear that it will help you with getting your cellphone modem
to cooperate with the openwrt network stack.

The mwan3 program appears to only care about routing decisions that are
made on top of existing interfaces that are already working, and would not
be useful for getting those interfaces to work in the first place.