[OpenWrt-Devel] Ath10k: How is the interface mac address set?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Thu Apr 2 01:59:57 EDT 2020

Kevin Mahoney wrote at Wed Apr 1 20:15:21 PDT 2020:

 > I'm working with an IPQ8065 based board with dual QCA9984s. I have it up
and running but the wireless interfaces mac address is garbage.
 > "00:03:7f:12:34:56" to be exact. I haven't been able to find the magic
that reads and sets the proper address from non-volatile memory. Any pointers?

The mac addresses are set in the firmware load hotplug script. See here for
IPQ8065 based R7800 with QCA9984:

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/ipq806x/base-files/etc/hotplug.d/firmware/11-ath10k-caldata;h=bb505d642fee300f5c1cab40df9919d7a453345c;hb=HEAD#l26