[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFT] toolchain/musl: update to version 1.1.21

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:54:11 EST 2019

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:26:20 PM CET Koen Vandeputte wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> fwiw, I've been using every musl git bump up to this release on my
> devices offshore. It has been running on ~65 devices covering multiple
> arches. (armv6k-mpcore, armv7, mips24, mips74, x86_64)
>
> Looks really ok to me, and I statistically do see a drop in weird
> one-time issues compared to 1.1.20
>
> Concerning the patch itself:
>
> You probably will need to rebase and refresh the musl patches based on
> the latest master state. I also created the bump in my staging tree when
> 1.1.21 it was released, and I have an additional patch refreshed, which
> is a delta to yours.
You are right, I had a version bump in my tree that updated the offsets of
110-read_timezone_from_fs.patch. With it the patches are identical (apart
from the commit message).

> Other than that:
>
> Tested-by: Koen Vandeputte <koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com>

I'm a bit worried about:
"This release makes improvements with respect to default thread stack
size, including increasing the default from 80k to 128k, increasing
the default guard size from 4k to 8k, and allowing the default to be
increased via ELF headers so that programs that need larger stacks can
be build without source-level changes, using just LDFLAGS." and it's
impact on LOWMEM devices. Currently, I'm looking into making some
"before and after" comparisions before moving on.

Regards,
Christian