[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 final timeline

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue Dec 24 10:48:10 EST 2019

Hi,

I would like to tag 18.06.6 release in the evening of Wednesday 1.
January and then start the builders.

I would like to tag 19.07 final release on Friday 3. January and the
start the builders on Saturday or Sunday.

Are there any objections to these dates?

Both releases should fix all known security problems, this is release
gating, but I think everything is fixed now.

We now have the ath10k-ct small buffers version in master and 19.07, for
the 19.07 branch it has to be selected, but Paul Fertser already
proposed a patch.

Here some people are complaining about bad 5GHz performance:
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=2682
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/openwrt-19-07-0-second-release-candidate/49593/41
This should be related to the hostapd update from 2.7 to 2.9.
Does someone have time to debug this? It would be interesting which
commit exactly causes this, we also have hostapd 2.8 in between.

Hauke