[OpenWrt-Devel] Reducing the root file system in openwrt

Ronaldo Afonso ronaldo at ronaldoafonso.com.br
Wed Mar 7 08:19:09 EST 2018

  Arjav,

  I'm not 100% sure of that, but if I were you I would take a look at the
Makefiles that generate those packages whose files you don't want to be
included in the final build image.

  Often the "install" directive of an OpenWrt Makefile is where developers
"include" the files they want to be include in the final image.

  Here is an example of libbz2 package:

 77 define Package/libbz2/install
 78     $(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/usr/lib/
 79     $(CP) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/libbz2.so.$(PKG_VERSION) $(1)/usr/lib/
 80     $(LN) libbz2.so.$(PKG_VERSION) $(1)/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0
 81 endef

  For example, if you don't want the "libbz2.so" to be included, you can
remove lines 79 and 80.

--
Ronaldo Afonso
11 9 5252 0484