[OpenWrt-Devel] Reducing the root file system in openwrt

Aaron Z aczlan+openwrt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:07:55 EST 2018

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Felix Fietkau <nbd at nbd.name> wrote:
> Are you really using a real OpenWrt?
> The presence of the "wigig-firmware" package makes me suspect that
> you're using the "QSDK" fork instead. In that case, you should probably
> ask QCA for support instead. We won't be able to help you properly,
> since the system that you're using is very heavily modified in many ways.
Good point, looking at
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/ipq806x/generic/
and https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ipq806x/generic/,
with the exception of the openwrt-ipq806x-vmlinux.elf image, all of
the images on there are under 10MB and most are under 6MB.

Aaron Z
— Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love