[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] 18.03/4 -> GCC 5 or 7

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Sun Mar 4 10:40:38 EST 2018

On 2018-03-04 16:15, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> There is also a pull request for busybox 2.28.1 at github, this will
> probably also introduce some more regressions, so I am not sure if we
> should take it before or after the release.
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/733
> I do not have a real opinion on this and I am probably the wrong person
> to judge this.
Anything useful in there?

> I do not know what the status of the software fast path patches are, but
> they are looking interesting.
I think the flow offload support will be ready soon. So far it's looking
good aside from some issues with TCP connection timeout handling that
I'm going to deal with soon. We should make it clear that those patches
are still experimental though.

> My proposal would be to update all targets to GCC 7.3 and also use
> binutils 2.29.1 and musl 1.1.19. This change would be done as soon as
> possible and then we branch of end of March or beginning of April for
> 18.X and do a RC1 one week after creating the branch.
Fine with me. I'll run some more test builds for various architectures.

- Felix