[OpenWrt-Devel] Enable DCO check on Github OpenWrt organisation

Etienne Champetier champetier.etienne at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 07:09:18 EST 2018

Hi Piotr,

> Hi Etienne,
>
> On 18.01.2018 22:59, Etienne Champetier wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Could someone enable this https://github.com/integration/dco on the
>> whole OpenWrt github org? (or at least on the packages repo)
>

> I think that packages repository already uses Travis CI which checks for
> such thing like a missing SoB, have a look at [1].

I'm well aware that the package repo uses Travis, as I'm the one
fixing it from time to time ;)

> It seems that for openwrt/openwrt drone.io CI is used (I don't know who
> manages that) but only to check if build fails or not. Maybe we could extend
> it and include scripts/checkpatch.pl before build? That would save reviewers
> time pointing out formal issues, not only the missing SoB.

The interest of using DCO is to have an instant response directly into
the PR (you don't have to jump into Travis logs)
We can also make it mandatory (show "required" on the fail test line)
Also this is a good minimum check to have on ALL repo
There are many ways to do it, enabling DCO is a 2 minutes job (if
someone want to do a similar script and host it that's totally fine
with me)

Cheers,
Etienne