[OpenWrt-Devel] openwrt and lede - remerge proposal

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed May 10 18:17:37 EDT 2017

Thanks for moving this forward.

On 05/08/2017 03:19 PM, John Crispin wrote:
> *) github
>
> - obsolete the lede github org after a grace period of 3-6 months

As long as it does not cost us effort I would like to keep the lede
domains and github project up running for longer.

> *) landing page
> - update the lede landing page to represent the openwrt name
> - update the landing page to have the same look & feel as the current
> openwrt landing page
> - point openwrt.org at the lede landing page

I prefer the LEDE design, but with the news like content on the OpenWrt
page, but I do not really care and will not block the merge about this.
Is someone volunteering to prepare a design which also fulfills Imre's
requirements, I am also asking the non LEDE committers and non OpenWrt
core developers? I am not good at this. ;-)

> *) trademark/sponsorship policy
> - review/ack imres trademark policy
> - review/ack jows sponsorship policy

I would like to put the sponsorship policy into the back to not block
things, the trademark policy looks OK. Did any lawyer looked at the
trademark policy?

Will someone work on a joint statement which then marks the official
merge? Will the SPI recognize also the LEDE members as OpenWrt members
after such a statement or when will this happen?

Hauke