[OpenWrt-Devel] [solved] Linksys E1700 firmware upload throws "incorrect Firmware"

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Thu May 19 15:06:10 EDT 2016

Yep, newer stock firmwares now frequently include locks against flashing
3rd party firmware.  A common approach thus far, as you found, is indeed to
downgrade to the stock firmware to an older version, but I understand that
option also is being gradually trimmed away on newly sold products.

Ben West <ben at gowasabi.net>
ben at gowasabi.net