[OpenWrt-Devel] [solved] Linksys E1700 firmware upload throws "incorrect Firmware"

Andreas Schlager andreas.schlager at sbg.at
Thu May 19 14:57:15 EDT 2016

Hi List,

finally I managed to flash the OpenWRT firmware to the Linksys E1700 router.
The problem is, that starting with Linksys firmware revision 1.0.01 and
above the firmware upgrade process aborts with "incorrect Firmware" when
trying to upload the OpenWRT firmware.

I googled around and finally got a hit in a dd-wrt thread
(https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=277324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30)

So I downloaded the initial Linksys FW version 1.0.00 (get
FW_E1700_v1.0.00.081_20131220.bin at https://db.tt/m95cTvHq) and
downgraded the E1700 from FW 1.0.02 (which my device was shipped) to 1.0.00.

Then it accepted the OpenWRT firmware without troubles.

Many thanks to you all for this exciting piece of software!

Kind regards,

-Andreas.

"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
(Wer, außer den Wächtern selbst, wacht über die Wächter?)
--Juvenal.