[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Thu May 5 13:09:14 EDT 2016

On 16-05-05 12:59 PM, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> On 5 May 2016 at 19:29, Daniel Dickinson <openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com> wrote:
>> On 16-05-05 12:24 PM, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
>>> On 16-05-05 12:21 PM, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
>>> [snip]
[snip]
>> When I say broken I mean I think openwrt was dying and I pointed out not
>> all that long ago that openwrt was in bad position and that something
>> needed to change, and I think that may have been *part* of the reason
>> accepting the status quo was no longer an acceptable answer.
>
> I don't believe that those who are in LEDE now couldn't do anything
> (that means is was dying in their hands). Actually I'm still under

I guess the real test will be what happens going forward - if LEDE dies
for the same reasons OpenWrt was dying then that puts paid to LEDE's
story; it it succeeds then it vindicates them.

> impression that they controlled pretty much everything. And the part
> they didn't control (what exactly?) was only important to them.

I have no clue about this part, I'm not exactly in the loop.  I think
part of the problem has been that there is no means to add new
developers, and that suggestions for adding developers have been opposed
(that's a guess though).

> But I guess we will never know full story, unless both parties are
> willing to disclose all their private conversations related to
> project.

Yeah, pretty much we're left guessing unless there is more information
given.  I'm thinking the LEDE split was not like a conspiratorial split
where everything is carefully planned out and orchestrated, but more of
a rapid response (given that this isn't part of paid work for the most
of them, and even then the LEDE split wouldn't likely be part of the
job/contract) to something behind the scenes.  Even if the LEDE team is
unable to post to this list, I hope they give more information using the
avenues available to them, once they get the chance to do so.

Regards,

Daniel