[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed May 4 12:35:06 EDT 2016

Bruno Randolf <br1 at einfach.org> wrote:
    > On 03/05/16 18:59, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
    >> we'd like to introduce LEDE, a reboot of the OpenWrt community
    >> Jo-Philipp Wich,
    >> John Crispin,
    >> Daniel Golle,
    >> Felix Fietkau,
    >> Hauke Mehrtens
    >> John Crispin
    >> Matthias Schiffer,
    >> Steven Barth

    > While a fresh start and a more open process is good move, given this
    > list of supporters it sounds a bit ridiculous... who is left in the
    > OpenWRT boat and why not do it as OpenWRT (V2 or whatever)???

I read the rest of the thread before replying.
I understand the need for a reboot and rename.

I also don't know who is left, or is being pushed out, or... maybe they left
already and didn't leave the keys?  Given the FCC-inspired lockdowns, I
wonder if one has interest in GPLv3-like statements about keys.

I don't much like the name LEDE; it will be hard to explain to end users.
Reminds me too much of:
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_in_Energy_and_Environmental_Design
and     http://www.leedsunited.com/

Maybe do an Apple on the case lEDE, or leDE (en francais!) or something.
asciidoc for the web site content is okay; maybe someone will contribute a
snazier style sheet (but not me; I'm pathetic at CSS too)