[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

Adrian Panella ianchi74 at outlook.com
Wed May 4 09:44:17 EDT 2016

I'm a new comer to this community, and first experiencing with the use of OpenWrt both as firmware and developing it, so I don't feel much entitled to have a word here.
But I find it is a great product and want to contribute to the project, so I'll share my perspective as someone who would like to join the boat.
So far in my (very limited) experience porting OpenWrt to a new device I see some of the proposed changes very promising. I don't know if the best way is a rebranding or a v2, but in either case for me so far the two main aspects would be:
+ the possibility of doing pull requests, and if there is more active response to them (even if it is a rejection); much more like it seems to be in the feeds/packages area.
+ another aspect that would help a lot new comers like myself is better documentation. The current Wiki/Doc is incomplete and has a lot of mixture of information from old features which have been superseded or are outdated. Core services (like procd) are very briefly outlined. You really have to invest a lot of time to go thru the code base to understand the underlying picture.  For documentation I find a platform more like Wikipedia, where changes can be tracked and discussions can take place, a great option.

Thanks for the great work you've done so far!

Regards,

Adrián